Friday 31 August 2012

Curtain life ..

 

How many millions of world!
She is just 15, my daughter.
She has a whole different world of her own.
Her school, friends, new class & books,
The musky smell of the newly purchased deodorant.
A pair of printed shoes & its use.

 
Again, at times, she changes to Surrealism.
But the next momemt, she is mesmerised
Looking at a picture of lstest model lamborghini!

 
'Alex is not promoted to the new class this time'..
She says all on a sudden,
A little irritation in her pouted face when sipping her Frappuccino
- Oh! Why?
'She couldnt make it in 5 subjects.. I met her this morning.
- &?
'She chatters so much rubbish about her boyfriend, I had pain in my ears.. '
- Really?
'Yes. She has lot of boyfriends. Disgusting!'

Within the next few minutes,
My suddenly grown up daughter takes me to her favourite brand shop.
'It is dark & posh', she opines.
'Whatever you will choose for me from here, I will accept. '

 
I found the chance to pick up a bright poolover for my teenage daughter.
She was excited & happy with the brand.
She praises the dark decor of the branded shop, 
Informs me, the boys & girls working here
Are all selected because of there looks
& not experiences ..
'The decor is special too'.. She says. 
Which is a kind of mysterious in looks. &
I observe, she is a kid again.

 
Puberty is like a curtain in between the two rooms.
One room is childhood
The other is the youth
Wind of life takes the curtain
From room one to room two.
This curtain is never still
It is either in childhood
Or in youth.

 
Puberty is purity.
Makes all actions of life
In little circles, harmless
How wonderful it is!
When you live the life of a curtain!
When no room siezes you in its cage again!
 
Supriyo Bandyopadhyay, Bonn, 31st August, 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment